LifeShield and AlarmForce both offer wireless home security systems. LifeShield offers extensive proprietary equipment options and has an advanced mobile app and one-of-a-kind fire safety sensor.
AlarmForce offers basic, no-frills security systems that all come with two-way voice. The Canadian company is generally favorably reviewed, and also offers separate medical alert packages. AlarmForce is notably only available in five U.S. states — three in the South and two in the Midwest. If there is no installer in your area of the state, you will not be able to get the system.
Note: Just weeks ago, it was announced that LifeShield is changing ownership. Therefore, details of its services could potentially soon change.
- 36-month monitoring contracts
- No home automation
- Proprietary equipment
- LifeShield has more advanced equipment and more equipment offerings.
- AlarmForce offers two-way voice.
- AlarmForce offers separate medical alert system packages.
- LifeShield has a more advanced mobile app.
- LifeShield has a one-of-a kind fire safety system.
- AlarmForce has extremely limited availability.
Winner and Loser Categories
Both LifeShield and AlarmForce offer standard 36-month monitoring contracts.
Packages, Equipment and Pricing
LifeShield packages range in monthly cost from $30-$50 and include state-of-the-art equipment and monitoring, but you will likely also have additional fees for equipment add-ons. All packages come with a one-of-a-kind fire safety system. The company uses extremely well-reviewed, top-of-the-line proprietary equipment.
In comparison, AlarmForce has no-frills packages with basic proprietary equipment. The packages range in cost from $25-$42 per month, and the company has limited available add-ons. All packages do come with two-way voice, however, which allows users to communicate in real time with the monitoring center.
Neither LifeShield nor AlarmForce offer home automation.
LifeShield offers a flexible choice of DIY or professional installation. Professional services are offered at $99.
AlarmForce has professional installation with fees varying among packages. The most bare-bones package offering has free installation, but the installation fee for the most expensive package is $179.
Neither LifeShield nor AlarmForce offer smart appliances.
LifeShield has a well-reviewed, advanced mobile app with easy navigation included in its packages.
AlarmForce does offer a basic mobile app with some of its packages.
LifeShield equipment is top-of-the-line and requires little maintenance once installed.
AlarmForce has user complaints about poor battery life for its products. Additionally, the company is only available in five states, making it a less-than-viable option for many consumers.
Who LifeShield Is Better For:
- Users interested in the latest technology
- Users looking for DIY installation
- Users who want long-lasting, reliable products
- Users needing an advanced mobile app
- Users interested in a unique fire safety sensor
- Users willing to take a chance on a changing company
- Users living outside AlarmForce states
Who AlarmForce Is Better For:
- Users who want an additional medical package from same company as security system
- Users looking for a no-frills system
- Users interested in two-way voice
LifeShield is likely the stronger choice with its extensive offerings of reliable, excellent equipment. However, those looking for a corresponding medical alert system or who want a basic system with two-way voice should opt for AlarmForce if living in applicable areas.